I’ve told Shahid not to meet Sylvestor Stallone : Prabhu Dheva
Sonakshi Sinha, Shahid Kapoor and Prabhu Dheva
Prabhu Dheva, Shahid Kapoor and Sonakshi Sinha got candid with Bombay Times during their visit to the office. Excerpts:

Prabhu, you couldn't retain your original title Rambo Rajkumar because of the international Rambo team. Were you upset?
Just the other day, Shahid was watching Sylvestor Stallone's Rocky V and I asked him to change the channel. I also told Shahid, 'When you go to America, don't meet Stallone'!

Why did you decide on Shahid and Sonakshi for this film?
We needed a new couple. I visualised them together and felt this would be a good pair.

Shahid, were you nervous at the thought of being choreographed by Prabhu Dheva?
I was very nervous, especially because there is this one step we do together in the song Gandi Baat. His choreography is very different. While shooting, he saw the monitor and told me, 'Arre, how much energy you've got!'

One doesn't see you doing too many action films. How did R...Rajkumar happen?
Prabhu sir saw Kaminey and felt that I could do an action film. He has worked with Akshay Kumar and Salman Khan in the past, who are established action heroes. I was lucky that he thought of me in that space. I love the kind of action he does — there are no superpowers or bikes or cars, just hand-to-hand combat.

Prabhu, this is the first time that you are making a Bollywood film which is not a remake of a South film. How different was this experience?
For me, it's not difficult because I have worked in South too. I started with remakes here, now the actors and producers have accepted me. Whether it's a remake or not, it's the same effort, similar energy is put in.

Overall, some people do feel that the whole South remake trend in Bollywood is losing it's charm...
I don't think so.
Shahid: Also, the biggest grosser this year has been Chennai Express.

Sonakshi, who do you make a good screen pair with?
I think I look best with Shahid, Akshay and Salman.

Shahid, people loved your pairing with Kareena in Jab We Met. Who do you both think you look best with?
Kareena and I looked really bad together in our first couple of films. Jab We Met was just a really good film... the characters worked and people remember that. Besides Sonakshi, I like my pairing with Amrita (Rao), Priyanka (Chopra) and Kareena (Kapoor Khan).

In R...Rajkumar, the two of you take friendly digs at each other (Shahid mocks Sona's weight and she mocks his height). Do these 'imperfections' subconsciously affect you'll in real life?
Shahid: Subconsciously, I feel I am perfect. No seriously, once you become an actor, it's a constant process of improving yourself and also making people love you for who you are. The minute you start being somebody you are not, people sense that and lose that connect they have with you. Look at our biggest superstars. None of them are perfect looking or have the perfect height etc. People love them because they are themselves and they are out there entertaining the audience to the best of their abilities.
Sonakshi: He has summed it up perfectly. I have never tried to be perfect right from my first film.

Shahid, on the personal front, are you single as reported? Are you open to an arranged marriage?
Yes, I am reportedly single! Also, every marriage is arranged only. When you fall in love, you have to arrange things before you get married. On a serious note, I don't think so much about marriage. I have not reached that point where I have fallen in love with somebody and am ready to settle down. Men, unlike women, do not grow up wanting to get married. They think more about how many girlfriends they'll have, parties they'll attend... there's a difference in the psyche. We don't think about marriage until we reach that point where boss, abhi toh sochna padega hi padega.

You have become quite reserved of late when it comes to talking about your love life...
I grew up and got smart!

It was said that you are a rigid boyfriend...
Who told you this? Has to be an ex. Sour grapes, madam (smiles).

Sonakshi, what's your take on marriage?
When I was 16, I would say, when I grow up, I want to be married with two children. As I am reaching that stage, I find myself evading it. I am so involved with my work that.. aise kisisey bhi nahi karne wali shaadi, aise haar nahi dalungi.

Prabhu, how are you as a director? Do you miss acting?
If you are asking me, I'll say I'm the best (laughs). What else can I say?
Sonakshi: He is a taskmaster, but it's fun working with him that it just doesn't feel like he's being strict. The space his films are in is so much fun. He makes life simple for us actors by enacting every scene for us.
Shahid: He enacts each scene for us.

Prabhu, Shahid says you tell him to talk less. But don't you think you talk very little?
Yes. (Shahid jumps in saying, 'Tell the truth sir, we travelled together in the car yesterday. Sonakshi adds, 'We were sitting behind you and sir, you spoke for an hour in Tamil on your phone.)

Finally, tell us one 'gandi baat' about each other...
Sonakshi: Shahid talks too much!
Shahid: Sonakshi is a bit hypersensitive. The other gandi baat is that she is too punctual... she reaches half an hour before the scheduled time. As a result, people who come on time feel they are late. That is really annoying.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
FlipBoard © 2013. All Rights Reserved. Powered by EditAndroid.ComDesigned by Sourya Kharb
Top